Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm Dormant!

I have been called many things
in my life but dormant isn't
one of them.

I recently went to Service
Canada to see about my
Social Insurance Number.

You need this number if you ever want
to work in Canada;  not that I'm looking.
After a few clicks on the keyboard  Bill
retrieved my file and said "you're dormant."

Excuse me?

Bill explained, "If you haven't used
your card in 5 years you go dormant.
How long have you been out of the country?"

Ah, it's a long story.  Lets say 30 years!

After a wee bit of explaining
Bill told me my card should be
in the mail in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of work, the spiders
sure seem to be working
hard around here.


7 comments:

  1. As-tu vu l'araignée ? Elle doit être très grosse ... Peut-être très belle aussi ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je n'ai pas vu l'araignée, peut-être elle dormait.
    Une chanson pour toi
    Itsy-Bitsy Spider

    The itsy-bitsy spider
    Climbed up the water spout
    Down came the rain
    And washed the spider out
    Out came the sun
    And dried up all the rain
    And the itsy-bitsy spider
    Climbed up the spout again

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I have landed on your blog like a schooner in the bay. Post away. Dormant is one foot in the grave so happy you have resurrected your SIN number. This is not an eternal matter eh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may want to send an email to family with very very simple 1,2,3 instructions on how to actually find this blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent the family the link! I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "SIN" number....."SIN" number.....somehow, I don't think you've been all THAT dormant....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, Sin....what are you sayin' Kurt????

    ReplyDelete