Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Distraction or Invitation?

So I'm sitting at my wee desk,
laptop before me, writing,
which is what a try to do every morning.
I am writing a book called
I Tried To Contain Myself But I Escaped....
To France!;  a reflection on my time
spent with Alec in France last year.

This book could also be called,
Same Word With A Different Accent,
a phrase which Alec coined while
learning the nuances of the French language.

My desk, in the small living room
of our cape cod rental faces
the Atlantic ocean,
a  sea that was wild and surging
with the recent storm, and before that,
ice reigned in the harbour.
Wharf Damage in Blue Rocks Breakwater
Returning home after hauling the traps

sure hope there's 'bsters on those boats
Like all teachers I know, 
the lobster folk keenly watch the forecast.  
Unlike teachers, who wish for snow days 
(you'd be wishing too if you were in the classroom), 
these hardy souls hope the weather favours
either setting or hauling their traps.

This day, on their return home, 
a smaller, blue lobster boat 
got stuck in the ice.


$4 a pound
Seagulls swarming for their snack
hopscotch on ice
















    Ice damage and tide surges
weren't the only visitors
Mother Nature blew into
Blue Rocks.










Heh Jude, come out to play!
  



The wind blew in
two pheasants but I only saw
one walking around our
yard this morning.     
There's gotta be food
somewhere around here.

I wonder what Erik is up too.
Now where did she go?
She never stays in one place for very long!
As I said, I was supposed to be
writing my book
but this little guy invited 
me to come outside to play.

It's all a matter of perspective
don't you think,
distraction or invitation?
Another Day Done





























No comments:

Post a Comment