Thursday, October 18, 2012

'bsters for the birthday boy

Happy Birthday Jeff!

In this family,
those red, two clawed,
hard shelled cooked crustaceans
that are trapped along
the Atlantic coast
are called
'b-sters.'
before

Apparently Jeff and Monsy,
(best high school bud
of Jeff)   called
them 'bsters after seeing
a sign in Hamilton, Mass
which lost the L and the O!


Today we celebrate Jeff's
birthday with 'b-sters.


Faye, who found Blue Rocks for us
 and Erik, our neighbour
joined us.  It is amazing
that after only 1 1/2 months
we have a wee community  
of friends and neighbours.

Erik says he's lived here for
almost two years and tells me 
I know more about the people in
Blue Rocks than he does!  
Must be the Prashaw
in me.


new friends Faye and our neighbour Erik
Jeff cooked the lobsters
to perfection.  It must have
been a great meal because
we didn't leave the table until
11 p.m., and this is a school
night.  Alec was much more 
sensible and retired to his 
bedroom around 9:30.

"From far to near
it shall all become clear,"
read the tag on Jeff's
gift, a set of binoculars
I found in an antique
store in Halifax a couple of weeks ago.

"I don't mean this in
a positive or negative
way," Faye said to Jeff
"but you seem very
Canadian to me."

"Thank you Faye,"  
Jeff responded,
"I have a great respect
for Canadians."

I think Jeff was referring
to   Canadian's service
in WWI and WWII 
but heh,  I'm Canadian
so I'll grab the credit
for the compliment.

We thank you Jeff
for your life,
your gift to our world,
for your "wanna-be Canadian"
self.

1 comment:

  1. Life can be beautiful and huge, that's the tragedy. Without beauty, love, or danger, it would not be interesting to living. Happy birthday Jeff !

    ReplyDelete