Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's The How That Makes All The Difference

The next time you eat lobster
know this;  at 1:00 a.m this
morning the local lobster men
left the wharf here and headed out to sea. 
They returned around 3 p.m
and unloaded a boat full of lobster.



These guys pulled up 250 traps,
measured the lobsters, rebated the
traps then dumped them back
in the ocean.
  

"This looks like hard work," I
quipped to a red cheeked man
who was sliding into the cab of his truck
as I walked by with Piper.

"It's mighty cold out there, that's
for sure," he said.

Jeff talked to a couple of guys
who told him to come back
at 1 p.m. tomorrow to pick
up a few lobsters, probably
$5 a pound.

"We should bring them hot coffee"
I said to Jeff.  I get cold just
looking at these guys.

Lobster season brings a whole
new meaning to knowing where
your food comes from.  Sure,
I always knew lobsters came from the
sea but I never knew the how.  

It's the how that makes all the difference.


2 comments:

  1. It's like when you cultivate your potatoes, said Guillaume ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah!!! Mais il n'y a pas de sangliers avec les homards!

    ReplyDelete